Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

gen 3 transmission problems after new transmission

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 09:34 PM
Default gen 3 transmission problems after new transmission

Hello Guys I have a 2005 Montero, 2 weeks ago i was on the highway doing about 60-65 mph and the trans started to bump, i pulled over and kept bumping and sounded pretty bad like grinding gears, (oil levels were fine and no weird shifting or noises before that) it went on limp mode and managed to get home... i found a new transmission that was perfectly fine, had a mechanic installed (new filter, and sp3 oil) ran perfect the first day and next day on the highway again as i am exiting i felt a light bump and pulled over immediately then the montero was not moving on Drive or Reverse at all, i felt a forward bump on reverse but will not move when accelerating and the motor felt with load as it was trying to move...... towed it back home, it went on the truck bed no problem but will not reverse when the tow truck inclined the bed we had to slide plastic shims so it would slide down the truck bed.... next day we plugged the scanner and said 5h gear not cinchonizing and 2nd as well and it would read Input speed on Park and Neutral but on reverse or Drive will go to 0 ... today i disconnected the electrical wires of the transmission and it went into limp mode and moved forward no weird noises at all just moved but will not reverse