Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2020 Outlander 8 Inch Touch Screen Has Dead Spots.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2023, 12:22 PM
Default Wireless mouse

Originally Posted by bizzahch
I just hooked up a wireless mouse and was able to deal with it.
I tried that solution, using a USB hub so i could hook up my phone and a wireless mouse at the same time. However the radio said the USB hub was not supported. So it was either the mouse or my phone had to be connected. Very annoying. Seems like the dealer is dicking me around. As I bought the car in June as a certified used car a reported the issue withing 2 weeks of driving it home.

Old 07-30-2023, 11:12 AM

In the UK. No recall. Went to the dealer, they've added to the 18 week back log!

Old 08-06-2023, 09:36 AM

There's a Youtube video on how to exchange the failed touch screen for a new one from either eBay or Aliexpress
Aliexpress
&
eBay UK

I don'y know whether eBay in other regions will have to product but Aliexpress should

Old 08-07-2023, 03:06 PM

So I had my digitizer go out about 6 months ago. It was going to be ~$900 to fix something I fully believe Mitsubishi should fix for free seeing as it is a very widespread issue. I put it off because the aspects of the touchscreen I needed (GPS, Phone, Music app) were still in spots that worked. Today I got a new phone not thinking about the fact it wouldn't be paired to my car. Well, an hour of frustration at not being able to pair my phone later due to the "enable" button for pairing being in a dead spot I had an idea. The digitizer simply sends your touches and swipes to the LCD itself as a signal. I grabbed my wireless mouse, plugged it into the USB slot in the car and behold, a cursor. I was then able to navigate the screen and pair my phone. I was also able to bring up GPS and fully use it. I haven't tried it on the settings yet as I had to get back to work. As it stands I will still be keeping 900 of my dollars. Score one for ADHD thinking.

I tried this but I can’t figure out how to enable CarPlay without unplugging the mouse, how did you do it?

Old 08-14-2023, 02:53 PM
Unhappy I plugged in a mouse as you did and I can use it to open my touch screen.

So I had my digitizer go out about 6 months ago. It was going to be ~$900 to fix something I fully believe Mitsubishi should fix for free seeing as it is a very widespread issue. I put it off because the aspects of the touchscreen I needed (GPS, Phone, Music app) were still in spots that worked. Today I got a new phone not thinking about the fact it wouldn't be paired to my car. Well, an hour of frustration at not being able to pair my phone later due to the "enable" button for pairing being in a dead spot I had an idea. The digitizer simply sends your touches and swipes to the LCD itself as a signal. I grabbed my wireless mouse, plugged it into the USB slot in the car and behold, a cursor. I was then able to navigate the screen and pair my phone. I was also able to bring up GPS and fully use it. I haven't tried it on the settings yet as I had to get back to work. As it stands I will still be keeping 900 of my dollars. Score one for ADHD thinking.
Hi I just read your email about the mouse and it worked! My radio has not worked for over a year on a 2020 Mitsubishi. I took it in to the dealership who said it was under warranty but then still waiting since January for the radio and instead of giving me a warranty document I realized later they put on the cost of a replacement radio! Who is going to want to put the same radio in that malfunctioned before? Anyway, I love my car but hate the lack of service here or ability to get **** fixed thru the dealership when required.

Old 08-14-2023, 02:56 PM

Your not alone. I am in Costa Rican and been trying to get the dealership to fix the radio since January! Going to contact a US dealership and try find answers to the problem and send an email to the Japan Mitsubishi manufacturing plant to try get answers as to warranty. Very frustrating experience. Love the vehicle but if warranty is not going to be honored on a malfuctioning part no point buying another of their vehicles.

Old 04-16-2024, 09:03 AM

Did anyone managed to sort out their Audio display? Its apprently a worldwide issue in UK wait time is 12 months. Its a joke.

Old 04-16-2024, 09:04 AM

For sure I am having the same problem in UK.

Old 04-16-2024, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by rioram
Did anyone managed to sort out their Audio display? Its apprently a worldwide issue in UK wait time is 12 months. Its a joke.
Mine is now sorted....but it took 8 months for the dealer to get a new screen and fit it. Was still under warranty, so nothing to pay.

Old 04-16-2024, 11:34 AM

Thanks